Painting your home is as important as doing the interiors, and it is extremely important to get the finish right. When you are looking for painters and decorators in Gold Coast, it is important to compare them with the right aspects in mind. Below, we bring the basics of what it takes to find a painting contractor.
- Find a licensed service. This is absolutely necessary that you hire a company that’s licensed and insured. You should also check if the company has its own team of painters and decorators.
- Experience is important. What kind of projects they have completed so far? Can they show a few before and after pictures? Knowing the experience and expertise of the firm can come handy in comparing options.
- Do they also specialize in commercial work? If they do, that’s certainly an added advantage, because commercial painters and decorators have more expertise and resources to help with different projects.
- Do they invest in prep work? Painting a house requires plenty of preparation. The painter should explain the steps and must take all the steps that are required to get the right look and finish.
- Get an estimate. It is extremely essential that you get an estimate for the painting work in advance. Check the inclusions, and if you have been promised a discount, get the terms on paper. Make sure there is no room for extra or hidden costs.
- Will they offer references? Well, the best painting contractors don’t shy away from discussing work and clientele. Ask for a few references, so that you can understand their market reputation better.
- Do they do more? Not all painters specialize in feature walls, air-spray painting and exterior work. Some contractors even take up roofing restoring and other tasks, so checking for these aspects is also essential.
Finally, make sure that you have a contract with the selected painter. Check the terms and conditions of their services and insist on getting a deadline for the work. Find more about their team and if all of the staff members are insured, bonded and trained. Don’t shy away from discussing any additional questions that you may have, and if possible, check some of the reviews online. Most customers do post feedback on web portals these days, and these can be quite handy in knowing the experience of other residential customers. Shortlist a few options now and get going!